Alconost+Crowdin for Bandsintown: Localization of the most popular app for finding concerts
Bandsintown Concerts is the most popular mobile app for finding concerts: it is the top-rated app in its category on the AppStore, and it leads its category on Google Play in terms of number of downloads. Reviews of the app have called it the most complete and versatile solution. It can help you find out which concerts take place in a particular city and the surrounding region, buy tickets, talk about concerts with friends, and follow the tours of performers. You get all of this with notifications, integration with all social networks, and adaptation to your personal preferences.
Launched in 2011 as a set of convenient tools that allow artists to promote themselves on social networks, Bandsintown has grown to 30 million registered users in the space of five years. The service started thinking about entering new markets, and it turned to us for localization.
The founders of Bandsintown (USA) found us through our partner Crowdin. Alconost uses this platform to carry out many seamless localization projects.
In June 2016 we translated the Bandsintown Concerts app for iOS and Android from English into French and Spanish. In September we added German, Italian, Portuguese, and Japanese versions. In addition, we also continue to translate marketing materials, mailings, and updates for Bandsintown.
We completed all these projects in Crowdin, which provides an optimal environment both for quality translation and for managing large-scale localization. Alconost managers helped Bandsintown colleagues deal with fine-tuning the platform, and the project turned out to be painless for everyone.
Jessie Ridgeway, lead developer of the Bandsintown project:
"We had to rethink our development process to accommodate the ongoing localization, but it was worth it, because we had already started to enter these new markets, after all. Thank you so much for helping us grow."
Other success stories
- Multilingual Advertising for the Alvadi Online Auto Parts Store
- Voiceovers for the Avatarico and Lostroom escape rooms
- Localization of the websites of Aviasales, Jetradar, and Hotellook
- Translation and voiceovers for the fox cub Cucchi in the Booclick app
- Alconost + Crowdin: localization of Clash of Kings into English
- Localization of the Clue mobile app and updates in nine languages
- Configuring Google Analytics for a regional branch office of the Dr. Bormental clinic
- Localization into two languages and ongoing language support for DreamCommerce
- Localization of Dr.Explain into eight European languages and updating the help system
- Localization of System Surveillance Pro into Spanish
- Series of 18 Video Banners for the Guild of Heroes Advertising Campaign
- Copywriting and translation of the app description, articles, and press release for the Helper app
- Localization of the "Home Bookkeeping" app into Spanish, French, and German
- Localization of the Jooble job search service into 16 languages
- 62 tutorial videos in English and Russian for Kaspersky Lab
- How we created seven trailers for Kaspersky Lab in two months
- Creating template videos and translations in Nitro for the "Home Bookkeeping" app
- Voiceovers in 14 languages for the Kerish Doctor software
- PPC advertising for KooRaRoo Media
- Character voiceovers in Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese for the RPG Life is Feudal: Your Own
- Promoting the MobiDB Database Designer app using PPC advertising
- Localization of the Petcube website into six languages
- Localizing the game “Punch Club” into Chinese and Polish
- Translation into six languages and localization support for Smarty CRM
- Localization of a series of mobile products into European and Asian languages for Stoik Technology
- A series of trailers about JIRA plugins
- Contextual advertising for the "TradeVoyage" travel agency
- Rewriting and voiceover of the "Fairy Tales of Uncle Remus" mobile app
- Localization of Viber messenger into Russian
- Localization of the game “Klondike” for Vizor Interactive into five languages
- Localization of the Xsolla service into 18 languages
Place an order now
Please tell us your requirements and we will contact you promptly to clarify the details and give you a quote. Thank you.
We help companies take their products to the global market by localizing applications, games, websites, translating texts and making promo videos. We’d be happy to get a chance to work with you!
Localization & Translation
- Localization of software, games, online and mobile applications
- Game Localization
- Nitro — a fast, professional online translation service
- Website translation
- Professional technical translation services
- Crowdin + Alconost: platform + translation team
- Localization of iOS applications
- Localization of Android applications
- Proofreading (and copyediting) of texts by native speakers
- Translation quality
- Languages and rates