Alconost + Crowdin: localization of Clash of Kings into English
"Clash of Kings" is a multiplayer strategy game for Android and iOS that is played by millions of people from around the world. The game is one of the ten most popular apps in Google Play in many countries.
The specialists at Elex Inc., the developer of the Clash of Kings game, turned to us when they were ready to translate the game into English. However, the initial localization was not done by native speakers, so we were faced with the task of proofreading and refining the game texts so that they sounded natural to the ears of English-speaking players.
The game has quite a lot of unique content, and the developers of Clash of Kings wanted to make sure that our editor understood the characteristic features of the fantasy strategy genre. We asked a few of our editors to complete test assignments, and the customer evaluated the results and chose the most suitable contractor.
We conducted all of our translation work on Clash of Kings in Crowdin. This cloud-based translation management platform is ideal for fulfilling such orders. A large amount of text in the game consisted of phrases and bits of dialog that are often difficult to understand without context. Generally speaking, the translators and editors had a lot of questions. Crowdin makes it possible to attach screenshots and additional description to lines for translation, which speeds up the work process. And if that proves insufficient, the contractor may ask questions directly through Crowdin: the customer will receive e-mail notifications about comments so that they can respond promptly.
Another strength of Crowdin is that it provides easy project management, which is a must when you have an ongoing localization project. The game is updated, and new strings are added that need to be quickly translated. The customer uploads files to Crowdin, and our specialists get to work. When the translation and proofreading of the new strings have been completed, the customer automatically receives the prepared API resource file.
How the work was done in Crowdin
- The customer created a project in Crowdin and added the resource files.
- Our editor received access to the project and got to work.
- The customer was able to monitor the project progress in Crowdin, because Crowdin displays real-time statistics
- All editor questions and comments that required clarification were sent directly to the customer through Crowdin, and they were resolved as quickly as possible.
We successfully completed the project, and the updated game texts have gone live. Development on Clash of Kings continues, and we continue to localize new texts while providing ongoing language support.
We, the teams at Alconost and Crowdin, are truly happy about the success of Clash of Kings and our fruitful cooperation with the developer on the project.
Other success stories
- Multilingual Advertising for the Alvadi Online Auto Parts Store
- Voiceovers for the Avatarico and Lostroom escape rooms
- Localization of the websites of Aviasales, Jetradar, and Hotellook
- Alconost+Crowdin for Bandsintown: Localization of the most popular app for finding concerts
- Translation and voiceovers for the fox cub Cucchi in the Booclick app
- Localization of the Clue mobile app and updates in nine languages
- Configuring Google Analytics for a regional branch office of the Dr. Bormental clinic
- Localization into two languages and ongoing language support for DreamCommerce
- Localization of Dr.Explain into eight European languages and updating the help system
- Localization of System Surveillance Pro into Spanish
- Series of 18 Video Banners for the Guild of Heroes Advertising Campaign
- Copywriting and translation of the app description, articles, and press release for the Helper app
- Localization of the "Home Bookkeeping" app into Spanish, French, and German
- Localization of the Jooble job search service into 16 languages
- 62 tutorial videos in English and Russian for Kaspersky Lab
- How we created seven trailers for Kaspersky Lab in two months
- Creating template videos and translations in Nitro for the "Home Bookkeeping" app
- Voiceovers in 14 languages for the Kerish Doctor software
- PPC advertising for KooRaRoo Media
- Character voiceovers in Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese for the RPG Life is Feudal: Your Own
- Localizing updates for the Charm Farm game into eight languages
- Promoting the MobiDB Database Designer app using PPC advertising
- Multilingual voice responses for Bitrix24
- Localization of the Petcube website into six languages
- Localizing the game "Punch Club" into Chinese and Polish
- Translation into six languages and localization support for Smarty CRM
- Localization of a series of mobile products into European and Asian languages for Stoik Technology
- A series of trailers about JIRA plugins
- Contextual advertising for the "TradeVoyage" travel agency
- Rewriting and voiceover of the "Fairy Tales of Uncle Remus" mobile app
- Localization of Viber messenger into Russian
- Localization of the game "Klondike" for Vizor Interactive into five languages
- Localization of the Xsolla service into 18 languages