Character voiceovers in Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese for the RPG Life is Feudal: Your Own
Life is Feudal: Your Own (LiF:YO) is a sandbox game with a realistic medieval atmosphere, crafting system, and the ability to learn an unlimited number of skills. MMORPG fans will be able to spend hundreds of hours exploring the game.
LiF: YO characters learn survival skills from scratch and the trades needed to prosper in the game's universe, including hunting, collecting, building, cooking, Alchemy, and the martial arts.
You can modify the 3x3 km game world to your heart's content: change the level of the surface of the Earth, dig mines, cultivate farms, and construct villages or even forbidding castles. And in the struggle to win territory your player and team will battle with medieval flair: from erecting siege fortifications to manufacturing weapons.
The character has a voice: he gives battle commands and taunts enemies, screams in fear, moans when injured, reads prayers, laughs, and expresses other emotions. The developers of LiF: YO entrusted us with the task of providing the voices of the characters in order to localize the game into Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese.
Each of the 29 lines spoken by the player's character needed to be recorded in four versions, each with different accents corresponding to the specific character the player has chosen: a hero from the East, a hero from the North, a peasant hero, and a noble hero.
Upon submitting the assignment to us, the client emphasized that character voice acting was required as opposed to a voiceover by a neutral announcer. Our voice actors did their best and didn't spare their vocal cords — here are a few examples:
We recorded a total of 116 phrases for the Spanish localization of the game and as many for the Brazilian Portuguese version. All of the recordings were approved by the client and incorporated into the game.
Alconost thanks Bitbox and its COO Alexander Korolkov for entrusting the project to us, for their perfectly prepared terms of reference, and for the pleasure of working on such a creative task.
Alexander Korolkov, COO of BitBox:
By partnering with Alconost, we were able to get quality voiceovers in Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese for our game project Life is Feudal.
Initially we ordered voiceovers from other studios, but they did not carry out the assignment to our complete satisfaction. When we contacted Alconost, we were pressed for time.
In addition to the urgency of the project, it was necessary for the two voice actors to speak in different dialectal variations corresponding to the game's different heroes when recording the lines. As our experience with other companies has shown, this is quite a complex and laborious process.
Alconost's specialists were more than a match for the task. I would rate them five out of five. We are grateful to the studio for its work and willingness to fulfill non-standard orders! I would be happy to recommend Alconost to everyone who needs high-quality voice localizations.
Other success stories
- Multilingual Advertising for the Alvadi Online Auto Parts Store
- Voiceovers for the Avatarico and Lostroom escape rooms
- Localization of the websites of Aviasales, Jetradar, and Hotellook
- Alconost+Crowdin for Bandsintown: Localization of the most popular app for finding concerts
- Translation and voiceovers for the fox cub Cucchi in the Booclick app
- Alconost + Crowdin: localization of Clash of Kings into English
- Localization of the Clue mobile app and updates in nine languages
- Configuring Google Analytics for a regional branch office of the Dr. Bormental clinic
- Localization into two languages and ongoing language support for DreamCommerce
- Localization of Dr.Explain into eight European languages and updating the help system
- Localization of System Surveillance Pro into Spanish
- Series of 18 Video Banners for the Guild of Heroes Advertising Campaign
- Copywriting and translation of the app description, articles, and press release for the Helper app
- Localization of the "Home Bookkeeping" app into Spanish, French, and German
- Localization of the Jooble job search service into 16 languages
- 62 tutorial videos in English and Russian for Kaspersky Lab
- How we created seven trailers for Kaspersky Lab in two months
- Creating template videos and translations in Nitro for the "Home Bookkeeping" app
- Voiceovers in 14 languages for the Kerish Doctor software
- PPC advertising for KooRaRoo Media
- Promoting the MobiDB Database Designer app using PPC advertising
- Localization of the Petcube website into six languages
- Localizing the game “Punch Club” into Chinese and Polish
- Translation into six languages and localization support for Smarty CRM
- Localization of a series of mobile products into European and Asian languages for Stoik Technology
- A series of trailers about JIRA plugins
- Contextual advertising for the "TradeVoyage" travel agency
- Rewriting and voiceover of the "Fairy Tales of Uncle Remus" mobile app
- Localization of Viber messenger into Russian
- Localization of the game “Klondike” for Vizor Interactive into five languages
- Localization of the Xsolla service into 18 languages
Place an order now
Please tell us your requirements and we will contact you promptly to clarify the details and give you a quote. Thank you.
We help companies take their products to the global market by localizing applications, games, websites, translating texts and making promo videos. We’d be happy to get a chance to work with you!
Localization & Translation
- Localization of software, games, online and mobile applications
- Game Localization
- Nitro — a fast, professional online translation service
- Website translation
- Professional technical translation services
- Crowdin + Alconost: platform + translation team
- Localization of iOS applications
- Localization of Android applications
- Proofreading (and copyediting) of texts by native speakers
- Translation quality
- Languages and rates