Rewriting and voiceover of the "Fairy Tales of Uncle Remus" mobile app
"Uncle Remus" is a series of 185 famous fairy stories by Joel Chandler Harris. These are tales based on African-American folklore that are told from the point of view of one Uncle Remus. The protagonists of the tales are Br'er Fox and Br'er Rabbit.
Trombo Games decided to make an interactive story app for iOS based on the tales. One distinctive feature of the "fairy tales" are their particular dialect and style of narration, which even Mark Twain remarked upon. It was very important to retain these features and at the same time to relate these stories in a language that is understandable to children between the ages of 6 and 8.
Alconost faced a difficult task: it had to rework the text without losing its zest. It needed to preserve the vivid voices of the characters. The rewriting took a week, and it fully lived up to expectations.
It took a total of two days to produce the voiceover. During this time, one narrator voiced three characters: the Narrator, Br'er Fox, and Br'er Rabbit. Here is an example:
We love children, and we were doubly pleased to help bring these wonderful children's tales to "the screen"!
I really enjoyed working with the guys from Alconost. They offer quality work with quick turnaround at a good price. The company also has a large selection of professional voice actors. The instant replies from project managers were particularly impressive. We are very pleased that we picked Alconost to localize our fairy tale app.
Other success stories
- Multilingual Advertising for the Alvadi Online Auto Parts Store
- Voiceovers for the Avatarico and Lostroom escape rooms
- Localization of the websites of Aviasales, Jetradar, and Hotellook
- Alconost+Crowdin for Bandsintown: Localization of the most popular app for finding concerts
- Translation and voiceovers for the fox cub Cucchi in the Booclick app
- Alconost + Crowdin: localization of Clash of Kings into English
- Localization of the Clue mobile app and updates in nine languages
- Configuring Google Analytics for a regional branch office of the Dr. Bormental clinic
- Localization into two languages and ongoing language support for DreamCommerce
- Localization of Dr.Explain into eight European languages and updating the help system
- Localization of System Surveillance Pro into Spanish
- Series of 18 Video Banners for the Guild of Heroes Advertising Campaign
- Copywriting and translation of the app description, articles, and press release for the Helper app
- Localization of the "Home Bookkeeping" app into Spanish, French, and German
- Localization of the Jooble job search service into 16 languages
- 62 tutorial videos in English and Russian for Kaspersky Lab
- How we created seven trailers for Kaspersky Lab in two months
- Creating template videos and translations in Nitro for the "Home Bookkeeping" app
- Voiceovers in 14 languages for the Kerish Doctor software
- PPC advertising for KooRaRoo Media
- Character voiceovers in Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese for the RPG Life is Feudal: Your Own
- Localizing updates for the Charm Farm game into eight languages
- Promoting the MobiDB Database Designer app using PPC advertising
- Multilingual voice responses for Bitrix24
- Localization of the Petcube website into six languages
- Localizing the game "Punch Club" into Chinese and Polish
- Translation into six languages and localization support for Smarty CRM
- Localization of a series of mobile products into European and Asian languages for Stoik Technology
- A series of trailers about JIRA plugins
- Contextual advertising for the "TradeVoyage" travel agency
- Localization of Viber messenger into Russian
- Localization of the game "Klondike" for Vizor Interactive into five languages
- Localization of the Xsolla service into 18 languages