Localization of the game “Klondike” for Vizor Interactive into five languages
“Klondike: The Lost Expedition” is a game for social networks in which a fearless young man arrives in Blue Peaks Valley in search of his father, a gold miner. His task is to build and remodel the station, plant crops, and produce and barter foodstuffs and materials for the long, exciting expedition.
Vizor Interactive, the developer of the game, decided to go beyond releasing just the standard English- and Russian-language versions by also localizing the app into Spanish, French, Italian, German, and Brazilian Portuguese.
The game has been frequently updated and expanded. Alconost was tasked not only with performing a high quality localization of the existing game, but also with quickly translating new resource strings as new content was added.
With the exception of the code, we translated all of the texts that were in the game, including: the UI, dialogs, character names, titles, descriptions, and assignments.
Only professional translators who are native speakers were assigned to the project.
After the full localization of the app was completed, the game was tested with real players. The team of localizers made the necessary corrections on the basis of the feedback that they received from the testers.
Now the game is gaining popularity, and it is receiving a lot of positive feedback from players. Game development continues: the developer is releasing weekly updates that we are continuing to localize into all five languages. We hope that together with Vizor Interactive we will be able to continue to delight players with quality localizations!
Valentin Romashko, Project Manager:
After a year of collaborating with Alconost we only have positive things to say: they are quick, efficient, and strictly keep to deadline. We look forward to continuing to successfully work together.
Other success stories
- Multilingual Advertising for the Alvadi Online Auto Parts Store
- Voiceovers for the Avatarico and Lostroom escape rooms
- Localization of the websites of Aviasales, Jetradar, and Hotellook
- Alconost+Crowdin for Bandsintown: Localization of the most popular app for finding concerts
- Translation and voiceovers for the fox cub Cucchi in the Booclick app
- Alconost + Crowdin: localization of Clash of Kings into English
- Localization of the Clue mobile app and updates in nine languages
- Configuring Google Analytics for a regional branch office of the Dr. Bormental clinic
- Localization into two languages and ongoing language support for DreamCommerce
- Localization of Dr.Explain into eight European languages and updating the help system
- Localization of System Surveillance Pro into Spanish
- Series of 18 Video Banners for the Guild of Heroes Advertising Campaign
- Copywriting and translation of the app description, articles, and press release for the Helper app
- Localization of the "Home Bookkeeping" app into Spanish, French, and German
- Localization of the Jooble job search service into 16 languages
- 62 tutorial videos in English and Russian for Kaspersky Lab
- How we created seven trailers for Kaspersky Lab in two months
- Creating template videos and translations in Nitro for the "Home Bookkeeping" app
- Voiceovers in 14 languages for the Kerish Doctor software
- PPC advertising for KooRaRoo Media
- Character voiceovers in Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese for the RPG Life is Feudal: Your Own
- Localizing updates for the Charm Farm game into eight languages
- Promoting the MobiDB Database Designer app using PPC advertising
- Multilingual voice responses for Bitrix24
- Localization of the Petcube website into six languages
- Localizing the game "Punch Club" into Chinese and Polish
- Translation into six languages and localization support for Smarty CRM
- Localization of a series of mobile products into European and Asian languages for Stoik Technology
- A series of trailers about JIRA plugins
- Contextual advertising for the "TradeVoyage" travel agency
- Rewriting and voiceover of the "Fairy Tales of Uncle Remus" mobile app
- Localization of Viber messenger into Russian
- Localization of the Xsolla service into 18 languages