Localization of Viber messenger into Russian
It's hard to find a smartphone user who does not know about Viber. By the end of 2014 more than 460 million people from across the world were using the app. It is one of the most popular apps for making free calls as well as for sending messaging, images, and video over Wi-Fi and 3G. The messenger is available for both smartphones and PCs.
The first version of the app was released in December 2010. The developers are constantly updating the messenger in order to make the interface easier to use, to add new features, and to quickly squash bugs.
In this regard, Viber has been looking for a team of localization experts who are capable of coping with the rapid pace of updates and that can perform high-quality translation into Russian as quickly as possible. This was not a trivial assignment, but a solution was found: the team here at Alconost was able to promise the localization of new versions of the app with a turnaround of just 1–2 days.
We are able to promise such productivity thanks to the use of cloud and translation memory technologies. When working on the Viber project we used the Crowdin cloud translation management platform, which is also what we use for other major localization projects. This platform made it possible for an entire team of translators and editors to work on the project at the same time without interfering with each other's work.
We completely localized the Viber app and provided longterm localization support by offering to rapidly translate updates. We hope that thanks to our work Viber will continue its triumphal procession to acquire new Russian-speaking users on smartphones and PCs!
Other success stories
- Multilingual Advertising for the Alvadi Online Auto Parts Store
- Voiceovers for the Avatarico and Lostroom escape rooms
- Localization of the websites of Aviasales, Jetradar, and Hotellook
- Alconost+Crowdin for Bandsintown: Localization of the most popular app for finding concerts
- Translation and voiceovers for the fox cub Cucchi in the Booclick app
- Alconost + Crowdin: localization of Clash of Kings into English
- Localization of the Clue mobile app and updates in nine languages
- Configuring Google Analytics for a regional branch office of the Dr. Bormental clinic
- Localization into two languages and ongoing language support for DreamCommerce
- Localization of Dr.Explain into eight European languages and updating the help system
- Localization of System Surveillance Pro into Spanish
- Series of 18 Video Banners for the Guild of Heroes Advertising Campaign
- Copywriting and translation of the app description, articles, and press release for the Helper app
- Localization of the "Home Bookkeeping" app into Spanish, French, and German
- Localization of the Jooble job search service into 16 languages
- 62 tutorial videos in English and Russian for Kaspersky Lab
- How we created seven trailers for Kaspersky Lab in two months
- Creating template videos and translations in Nitro for the "Home Bookkeeping" app
- Voiceovers in 14 languages for the Kerish Doctor software
- PPC advertising for KooRaRoo Media
- Character voiceovers in Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese for the RPG Life is Feudal: Your Own
- Localizing updates for the Charm Farm game into eight languages
- Promoting the MobiDB Database Designer app using PPC advertising
- Multilingual voice responses for Bitrix24
- Localization of the Petcube website into six languages
- Localizing the game “Punch Club” into Chinese and Polish
- Translation into six languages and localization support for Smarty CRM
- Localization of a series of mobile products into European and Asian languages for Stoik Technology
- A series of trailers about JIRA plugins
- Contextual advertising for the "TradeVoyage" travel agency
- Rewriting and voiceover of the "Fairy Tales of Uncle Remus" mobile app
- Localization of the game “Klondike” for Vizor Interactive into five languages
- Localization of the Xsolla service into 18 languages