Translation and voiceovers for the fox cub Cucchi in the Booclick app
Booclick is a mobile library of interactive books and educational games for children that was developed by System LLC for the iPad. A distinctive feature of the fairy tales in the Booclick app is their interactivity: they are not simply texts with colorful illustrations, they also incorporate animated talking characters.
Booclick's developer turned to Alconost for help in preparing his app for release on the English-language (and in particular American) and German-language markets. When placing his first order, the developer assigned the localization of the fairy tale about the fox cub Cucchi from the app's extensive library.
So, Alconost's task was to translate the fairytale "Cucchi's First Time in the Woods" and "Cucchi Sleeps and Has a Dream" into German and English. We localized the texts, character descriptions, and accompanying materials for the entire application, and we also recorded voiceovers.
Particular attention was paid to correctly adapting the names of characters so that the foreign language equivalents preserved the connotations and imagery of the original Russian. Insofar as the target audience of the application was not just parents, but also children, an emphasis was placed on optimizing the texts for young readers by using accessible vocabulary and simple syntax.
You can see the results of our work by looking at the app itself.
Dmitry Sadeev, CEO of Booclick:
We have long and painstakingly worked on adapting our unique and quality content (in our estimation) for the European and American markets.
Using Alconost, we managed to complete the project on schedule and present our product to a new audience of consumers.
High quality translations and text adaptations, a deep understanding of the goals of the assignment, recruiting of professional staff, and a high level of partnership with us as a customer – these are just some of the things that I can say about Alconost Translations.
We are continuing to partner with Alconost today, and we plan to expand the list of services that we order from Alconost in the future.
Other success stories
- Multilingual Advertising for the Alvadi Online Auto Parts Store
- Voiceovers for the Avatarico and Lostroom escape rooms
- Localization of the websites of Aviasales, Jetradar, and Hotellook
- Alconost+Crowdin for Bandsintown: Localization of the most popular app for finding concerts
- Alconost + Crowdin: localization of Clash of Kings into English
- Localization of the Clue mobile app and updates in nine languages
- Configuring Google Analytics for a regional branch office of the Dr. Bormental clinic
- Localization into two languages and ongoing language support for DreamCommerce
- Localization of Dr.Explain into eight European languages and updating the help system
- Localization of System Surveillance Pro into Spanish
- Series of 18 Video Banners for the Guild of Heroes Advertising Campaign
- Copywriting and translation of the app description, articles, and press release for the Helper app
- Localization of the "Home Bookkeeping" app into Spanish, French, and German
- Localization of the Jooble job search service into 16 languages
- 62 tutorial videos in English and Russian for Kaspersky Lab
- How we created seven trailers for Kaspersky Lab in two months
- Creating template videos and translations in Nitro for the "Home Bookkeeping" app
- Voiceovers in 14 languages for the Kerish Doctor software
- PPC advertising for KooRaRoo Media
- Character voiceovers in Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese for the RPG Life is Feudal: Your Own
- Promoting the MobiDB Database Designer app using PPC advertising
- Localization of the Petcube website into six languages
- Localizing the game “Punch Club” into Chinese and Polish
- Translation into six languages and localization support for Smarty CRM
- Localization of a series of mobile products into European and Asian languages for Stoik Technology
- A series of trailers about JIRA plugins
- Contextual advertising for the "TradeVoyage" travel agency
- Rewriting and voiceover of the "Fairy Tales of Uncle Remus" mobile app
- Localization of Viber messenger into Russian
- Localization of the game “Klondike” for Vizor Interactive into five languages
- Localization of the Xsolla service into 18 languages
Place an order now
Please tell us your requirements and we will contact you promptly to clarify the details and give you a quote. Thank you.
We help companies take their products to the global market by localizing applications, games, websites, translating texts and making promo videos. We’d be happy to get a chance to work with you!
Localization & Translation
- Localization of software, games, online and mobile applications
- Game Localization
- Nitro — a fast, professional online translation service
- Website translation
- Professional technical translation services
- Crowdin + Alconost: platform + translation team
- Localization of iOS applications
- Localization of Android applications
- Proofreading (and copyediting) of texts by native speakers
- Translation quality
- Languages and rates